I've been dying to visit my brother Jeff in Portland, Oregon and I finally got my chance. Of course, we can't just visit and lay low, we are adventures...
So I fly into Portland on Thursday morning, Jeff picks me up at the airport and off we go to Seattle. After Pikes Market, the Space Needle and a huge clam bake we crash for the night in a hotel. The next morning we are off to Anacortes, WA. We tour the little town, climb the mountain, visit the point of deception and eat massive amounts of meat at the Eagles Annual Salmon BBQ.
Only after three pounds of ribs, chicken and salmon do we question our next adventure whale watching on the Pudget Sound.
With little digestion and a whole lot of faith we board the Explorer 3 and off we go on a seven hour adventure. Three in a half hours into our journey we find a pod of transient Orcas feeding on seals just of Sydney BC. It was amazing!
On the way back we saw the most beautiful of sunsets.Saturday we wake up and head to Mt. Rainer on the scenic way back to Portland, and I swear we saw a Sasquatch near Mt. St. Helens. We arrive in Portland and pack in dinner and a movie. Sleep for a couple of hours and then back on a flight bound for Pocatello.
It surely was a whirl wind weekend packed full but it was so incredible to spend time with Jeff and throw caution to the wind. Now it's back to reality like a seal being ripped apart by Orcas, um... I mean like a fuzzy bunny putting on their slippers- sorry for the imagery kids!