After dusting ourselves off and hiking off the trail it was on to "Tinkertown" and eclectic roadside destination not far from our camping spot.Tinkertown was the brainchild of Ross Ward, an amazing wood carver and humorist. At the musuem we met Mr. Ward's widow who told of his story traveling with the circus painting. When he was home in his mountain retreat he would carve and layout the most amazing "bottle village" and museum to the carnival and wild-west.Tinkertown is an amazing destination and is preserved by the love of Mr. Wards family and incredible imagination. I particularly love his quote, "I did this all while you were watching television." (For more information on Tinkertown visit here)
Saturday, May 22, 2010
A Crest, a Cave, Tinkertown, and Camping
After dusting ourselves off and hiking off the trail it was on to "Tinkertown" and eclectic roadside destination not far from our camping spot.Tinkertown was the brainchild of Ross Ward, an amazing wood carver and humorist. At the musuem we met Mr. Ward's widow who told of his story traveling with the circus painting. When he was home in his mountain retreat he would carve and layout the most amazing "bottle village" and museum to the carnival and wild-west.Tinkertown is an amazing destination and is preserved by the love of Mr. Wards family and incredible imagination. I particularly love his quote, "I did this all while you were watching television." (For more information on Tinkertown visit here)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment