Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Stop Me in My Tracks…

Yesterday I was completely frustrated. I had been working as fast as I could to get some projects done in the yard, snapped a sprinkler head, and little Austin was following me around rattling off a thousand questions a minute.

Finally in frustration I turned to him and said, “Austin, why are you asking daddy so many questions?”

Daddy, I’m asking you questions because I love you.” was the matter-of-fact reply.

I was struck.

Maybe instead of acting like I know everything and always being in a rush I should thank my Heavenly Father for a wonderful family and start asking him more questions.

It gives new insight to Austin’s famous phrase, “So what’s your question?

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I would love to see a day with Austin and Savannah together. I'm quite sure they would be able to fulfill each other's need to talk. Savannah wakes up talking and doesn't stop until she is in bed, sometimes talking even after she is asleep. I'd love to have them wear each other's ears out!

Jenny said...

It makes me laugh that you have a son like Austin! - Holy smokes that kid keeps you up and running! -- I wanted to comment that your last post made an impact - I remember your experience before Austin, and prayed for you guys every night until he joined your family - and now you have two miracles! :) I have a huge testimony linked to prayer and adoption - two other families I have prayed for have also received babies. Each one is a blessing