Monday, July 14, 2008

Seriously over our heads!

Okay, once again my ambitions seem to overpower my brains… I invited my folks up this past weekend and took Friday off in the hopes of building a small structure to bring needed shade to our patio.

My dream of a simple pergola quickly became another massive Fred & Scott Engineering Project; and after three days of heatstroke, endless trips to HomeDepot and Lowe’s, and countless “challenges” we now have a substantial structure in our backyard to give us needed shade… The structure is now standing- sure I need to brace it up a bit more; but with a bit of extra effort I predict we’ll be barbecuing by snowfall!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow looks great!!! I feel so guilty that I wasn't there to help you out. Stupid future career and debt repayment.

Joe said...

Hey Little Teichs,
The pergola looks so great. I totally appreciate the hard work that went into that. Anyone who takes on an engineering feat like that deserves some serious praise. How about a nice pan of brownies, Lisa? We know how much Scott likes brownies, e.g., the brownie repentance story. ;)

Jenny said...

Great Work Scott! - Is your next project going to be a replica playhouse like the one Lisa Had as a girl? :)

Anonymous said...

Braces on the north and south sides. Scabs in the middle, plus we need to bury the footings. If not, your brother will sue me and we'll be even more dysfunctional than we already are.