Friday, August 8, 2008

An Incredible End to 08/08/08


Tonight my senses were completely overwhelmed. While the kids and I were watching the pageantry of the opening Olympic ceremonies in our bedroom, I noticed the walls taking on the most incredible orange hue as they reflected the sunset from the window. Immediately I grabbed my camera and headed for the front porch.

We've had a pretty powerful front heading across central Idaho tonight, the winds have been tremendous, but I couldn't believe how awesome the sunset was.

In the first photo you can actually see the silhouette of the sun. I don't know if I was just extremely lucky to grab this shot because I could only faintly see the sun in the other pictures. It seemed as if the whole sky was illuminated in the most beautiful of colors. What a great way to remember 08-08-08!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

beautiful! I must have had that same view LOL