Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Teichert for President in 2048?

Let’s fess up- haven’t we all done a Google search on our own name? Maybe, I’m totally egocentric, a bit paranoid, or somewhere in between but last week I did a search for “Scott Teichert” and found a plethora of references.

I’m fascinated how we think the cyber world seemingly erases our own anonymity. I was on a search committee and one of the other committee members mentioned they did a Google search on one of the candidates (something about that still doesn't quite sit well with me); there wasn’t anything particularly salacious, just a comment the person had made on a blog somewhere about their political preferences. Because the online reference was completely irrelevant I honestly can’t remember the specifics but it was an excellent reminder that our cyber lives are never really private.

Since I now have my own blog I thought what better place to categorically accept, deny or clarify the Scott we all see in cyberspace…and what would motivate me? How does Scott Teichert for President in 2048 sound? (Okay- not likely I’ll be 73 and I'm sure nobody wants to see me in the white house!)…Nevertheless here are some interesting references...


Scott Teichert Employment History

Okay there is a bunch of random meeting minutes and announcements about my time at Utah State, Weber State and Idaho State University. They are all rather mundane and random...

The literary genius of Scott Teichert

  • A memo I wrote about transfer credit at Weber State University. How I truly want to be remembered… the memo man!

Scott Teichert in the media…

Funny Observations

  • There seems to be a Scott Teichert who trains dogs and wins a bunch of awards… I’m still ‘hesitant’ of dogs and have been most of my life. From what I’ve learned RST’s dog Oliver is quite the dog…
  • There is also a Scott Teichert at FaceBook but that's not me... it was a sad revelation to know there are more Scott Teichert's out there. I guess I'm unique just like everybody else!
  • Yes, I must admit there is a picture of me in a Bear suit somewhere on the internet. But let me be clear it was when I was in college and I had internship during the Sundance Film Festival where I had to get into the suit for a now defunct dot.com company, (luckily there isn’t too much besides a bear suit that I am ashamed of from my college days).
  • There is also a picture of a garbage truck with my name on it if you dig far enough. While the truck doesn't actually say "Scott Teichert" any garbage truck with your name on it can't be good for the image...

Well there- I’ve come clean; I think that about covers all my references on the internet. Of course, there is are some references to a SirScott who builds mighty Lego pirate ships and can be found on certain Lego fan sites but I wouldn’t know anything about that would I?… Scott Teichert’s great in 48!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott & Lisa-It is so fun to find you in the blogging world. So you are in Idaho now? I hope all is good for you all. Can I put you on our link list? Ours is www.mikeandlibbybrown.blogspot.com There is also a GHS that you can click on under GHS buddies and we are in the midst of doing one just for the '94 class. Please keep in touch. libbylovesmike@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Scott--are you from Grace? Does Lisa blog too? I was going to ask how you do the scrapbook pages.